Genovese Pesto is the second most famous pasta sauce in the world (after tomato sauce!). As it is a very simple sauce its quality depends solely on the excellence of its ingredients. Alessandro & Stefano’s Pesto is a truly unique product due to the special Genovese basil that is grown since 1827 on their farm, the artisanal working processes and the use of highly selected other ingredients. The Pesto is bright green with a creamy consistency. The flavour is primarily of basil, combined with the delicacy of extra-virgin olive oil and pine nuts. A combination of three cheeses, Grana Padano, Parmigiano Reggiano and Pecorino Romano, adds deepness and complexity.
Alessandro & Stefano's Pesto will keep for five weeks unopened in the fridge. Once opened keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days.
How to use
Never cook your Pesto; you will lose both its taste and its creamy texture. For warm preparations it should be added last and allowed to gently come to temperature. To make a pasta sauce dilute your pesto with some of the pasta cooking water
Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil, Genoese basil DOP (min. 25%), Grana Padano DOP, Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Italian pine nuts, Pecorino Romano DOP, Salt, Italian Garlic, Antioxidant: ascorbic acid, acidifier: citric acid. 130g
Pesto is a fantastically versatile product:
- Use it to make one of the simplest, yet tastiest, pasta recipes
- Spread it on sandwiches, cheese toasts or bruschetta . It will go especially well with anything containing tomato, cheese, Mediterranean vegetables, etc..
- Add it at the last minute to risotto. A wonderful light and fresh summer combination is a risotto with fresh cherry tomatoes, raw corn kernels and roasted almonds finished with Alessandro & Stefano’s Pesto and a handful of Leonardo’s 24 months Parmigiano
- Spoon it on grilled tuna, salmon or swordfish.
- Make a healthy and delicious aperitif bite by threading half cherry tomatoes and small pieces of mozzarella on toothpicks and serving them with a bowl of Pesto to dip
- Add some to your vegetable soups, especially those containing beans
- Mix it with a bit of additional olive oil and a spoon of water to make a delicious dressing for vegetables or pasta salads
What about Alessandro & Stefano
Alessandro & Stefano
A Perfect microclimate and love are the secrets to this incredible pesto
“Our history comes from a long experience in the agricultural sector and it begins in 1827 in our greenhouses in front of the sea called ‘Serre sul Mare’ “, Alessandro explains. “Thanks to the famous terraces, we were able to create strips of territory in a landscape which is not so conducive to agriculture”.
Other products from Alessandro & Stefano
Recipes with Pesto Classico
- Classic pasta with Genovese Pesto, potatoes and beans
- Caprese Skewers with Pesto
- Caprese Bruschetta with Pesto
- Pasta Salad with Pesto
- Grilled Salmon with Pesto and roasted vegetables
- Grilled Swordfish with Pesto