On June 30th 2017 we stopped all our activities of What About Leo. This website represents only an archive of our previous website. More info
  1. Overview

Luca Valpolicella DOC Superiore Ripasso

A consistent long lasting pleasure in the palate.


Ruby Red wine made with Corvinone and Corvina grapes (70%) and Rondinella and Molinara for the remaining 30%.

After the de-stemming, the maturation and fermentation are carried out in vertical vats under controlled temperature for 8 days. After the racking and a rest in steel vats, in January the wine re-ferments on Amarone grape skins, according to the method “Ripasso” (literally "passing once again"), for 4 days. The wine is drained off and racked in French oak tonneaux for 12 months and it finally refines in the bottle for 8 months before being released.

On the nose subtle hints of red ripe fruit and coffee. In the palate, black fruits are predominant with raisins scents, silky mouthfeel, and soft tannins. The long lasting finish gives a delicate and consistent pleasure glass after glass.

Shelf Life

Keep in a cool room and away from light. Once opened, keep it in the fridge and drink within a week.

How to use

Valpolicella Ripasso Superiore is good to drink now but can be kept several years. Serve at cold room temperature, 16°-18° C. The wine will benefit from 45 min to 2 hours of decanting.

Legal info

750ml, 14% Abv (Alcohol by Volume), Still Red Wine, Denomination of Controlled Origin (DOC).

Quick tips

This wine matches perfectly with boiled meat, rabbit, red meat, and cheese.

What about Luca


A great wine from a small family

This summer, Peter, a member of the What About Leo community spent few days traveling in the Veneto area with his son. Being a wine and food lover, Peter spent most of the hours of the day talking to wine producers and obviously trying as many wines as possible.

More about Luca

Other products from Luca

Total cart price Continue to cart

We are using cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. By using this site you agree to our Privacy Policy. If you like really delicious cookies, have a look on this page!

Ok, I agree.