A confit is a bit like a jam but with less sugar, a bit more liquid and with an insanely intense aroma of fresh fruit and flowers. In Martine's Rosemary Caramel Confit the respective light bitterness of each ingredient combine to create something which is so much more than the sum of its parts. Use it to deglaze your skillet to make a quick sauce for your chicken or duck breast. Or try it with some warm goat cheese or Stefano's Pecorino.
Martine's Rosemary Caramel will keep for one year unopened at room temperature. Once opened keep refrigerated and consume within 6 weeks.
How to use
Martine's Rosemary Caramel is very versatile and can be used in both sweet and savory preparations.
Biologic sugar, Rosemary, Apple juice, Lemon juice, Agar-agar 200ml
- Martine’s Rosemary Caramel goes incredibly well with a slice of Stefano's Pecorino.
- It combines also very well with fresh goat cheese. Smear a warm bruschetta with some fresh goat cheese at room temperature and drizzle with Martine’s Rosemary Caramel. The cheese will slightly melt on the warm toast: delicious!
- Use it to deglaze your skillet to make a quick sauce for chicken, duck breast or pork chops
- Add it to warm popcorn, together with a pat of butter and some crunchy salt
- Use it as a jam
- Drizzle it on vanilla ice cream
- Mix it in some yogurt
- Just give in to the temptation of finishing the jar with a spoon!
What about Martine
It smells so good, nobody can resist!
Martine is the grandmother all of us would have wanted to have! She is a warm, energetic and absolutely adorable older lady who creates flower confits to share with the world her two passions: Cooking and flowers.