Salvatore’s oil is made from 100% Coratina olives, a cultivar renowned for being very difficult to process. It is one of the most intense fruity Italian extra virgin olive oils on the market today. It is bitter and spicy with a rich herbaceous scent with fragrant hints of mint and a strong flavour of chicory, lettuce, black pepper, artichoke and fresh almond.
Kept in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight Salvatore's Olive Oil will maintain its qualities for at least one year.
How to use
Use it as a finishing oil, drizzling it on your dishes. Do not cook!
This bold flavoured olive oil goes best with either neutral flavours that will let it shine through or stronger flavoured foods such as barbecued meats, meatier types of fish such as tuna or swordfish, meat pasta sauces, bruschetta, salads with arugula and grilled or roasted vegetables like radicchio.
- Our favourite: drizzle it generously on great buffala mozzarella with freshly milled pepper and crunchy sea salt. Serve with some crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices. Divine!
- Almost as great: pour it in a small dipping bowl, add some crunchy salt and pepper and use it to dip fresh bread
- Make a bed of fresh rosemary on a slicing plank. Grill, broil or barbecue a thick steak. Take it off the heat, rest it on the rosemary bed and drizzle it generously with Salvatore’s olive oil. Let it rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. The smell will be incredible and the aromas of both the oil and the herbs will permeate the meat. This will work equally well with a tuna steak on basil or a swordfish on fennel (do not overcook the fish!).
- It also pairs wonderfully with beans and other pulses. Use it for the seasoning of your bean salads or drizzle it on your hummus, bean puree or bean soups.
What about Salvatore
Herbal spiciness perfection!
Salvatore's family has been devoted for three generations to the cultivation of olive trees and the production of olive oil. Salvatore is a likeable man, close to his sixties. He speaks of the heritage handed-down by his forefathers with pride and passion and is dedicated to preserving the tradition and experiences.
Recipes with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmigiano custard with anchoïade and green vegetables salad
- Kale, Beans and Parmigiano Soup