Invented by the ancients in order not to lose the succulents (but small) pieces of meat located on the bones, Stephanie’s Rillettes are made of 100% fine duck meat that has been confit and shredded by hand. Duck Rillettes is a gourmet delicacy. The slow cooking process allows the duck meat to become tender and succulent, making this confit-style spread irresistible!
Unopened cans will last for 4 years at room temperature. Once the can is opened keep it up to 4 days in the fridge.
How to use
Serve at room temperature with good crusty bread.
Duck meat and duck fat, salt, pepper
- In France Rillettes are traditionally served spread on crusty bread with dill pickles and pickled onions
- Rillettes also make a fantastic make-ahead sandwich as they will stay good at room temperature for several hours without making your bread soggy.
- Or use them on bruschetta
- Add small bits of Rillettes in a potato gratin. It will infuse your potatoes with its duck flavour
- Or use them as a topping for a baked potato
What about Stephanie
Received the Award of Excellence in 2015, can't get better than that!
Stéphanie is a small vivacious French lady, full of energy and passion for her land and her animals. Together with her family she raises ducks on their farm located just above the magnificent medieval village of Rocamadour, in the French Dordogne Valley. Arriving at the farm after a winding road, in the afternoon of a sunny September day, she gives us a tour of the premises and we can admire the ducks waddling in the grass and laying down in the shade of the trees.