Sgombros are mackerel fillets. Mackerel is a tasty oily fish, rich in Omega 3 essential fatty acids that contribute to the maintenance of normal heart and brain function. Vincenzo Sgombros are locally fished and prepared carefully by Vincenzo. They are meaty mackerel fillets packed in fruity olive oil. The olive oil tams the "fishiness" that is sometimes present in mackerels and the result is an harmonious balance of sea, fruit and salt.
Vincenzo's Sgombros will keep several years unopened at room temperature.
Once open keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days.
How to use
Just as-is, partially drained of its oil if necessary, and maybe with a touch of lemon.
Mackerel fillets, olive oil, salt. Net Weight: 300 gr
- Add them to a salad, drain the Sgombro and use their oil for your dressing. They will be great in a simple bean salad with an olive oil / lemon dressing and plenty of parsley. Or with tomatoes, sweet onions and black olives.
- Or try them with some cucumbers, yogurt, lemon and fresh mint
- Or serve them on a bruschetta , either just as-is with a drizzle of lemon juice or on top of roasted tomatoes
What about Vincenzo
You can taste Sicily in each bite!
It was 1992 when Vincenzo, 31 years old, decided to stop his monotonous job as a truck driver and start a new venture following his passion for cooking. He had always been curious in the kitchen and, when not on the road, spent time cooking typical Sicilian recipes.
Other products from Vincenzo
Recipes with Mackerel fillets in Olive Oil
- Salade Niçoise with Vincenzo Sgombro
- Bruschetta with Mackerel, roasted tomato & rocket
- Bruschetta with Mackerel, avocado and pickled onions
- Mackerel, onion, celery, fennel, parsley, capers, olives & Anchovy salad